Want to save money on the cost of your heating oil?
RCCE Trading CIC is a social enterprise focussed on reducing the cost of your heating oil. To this end, we have entered into a partnership agreement with our sister organisation in Suffolk, Community Buying at CAS, and with AF Affinity, a subsidiary of Anglia Farmers, which is able to use the buying power of its parent company to offer consistently low prices.
All you need to do to take advantage of the scheme is to pay an annual membership fee, which will cover as many oil orders as you need during the course of the year.
What’s the snag?
By bringing communities throughout Essex and Suffolk together and making the most of joint buying power, we can make savings and pass them directly to people like you whose fuel costs are high simply because you use oil-fired central heating. It also saves you the time and hassle of telephoning round various suppliers to get quotes.
The environment benefits:
Every time a tanker comes out to make a delivery, it is using a lot of diesel – a full tanker can get as little as a horrifying 8 miles per gallon. If deliveries are organised so that one tanker delivers to several customers in a village instead of making lots of individual deliveries, the fuel consumption is reduced and so is the traffic in the village.
How the scheme works – 5 easy steps to cheaper heating oil
1. Contact your local coordinator and let them know how much oil you want to order. Please allow up to a maximum of two weeks for delivery of oil from the bulk oil order deadline date. (In most cases delivery will be sooner, usually within 7 working days from the end of price negotiations). If you don’t have a local coordinator, you can order online, or by posting your order to Community Buying at CAS.
2. Twice a month your coordinator lets us know the total oil needed from your area.
3. At the end of each period, the bulk oil purchase is negotiated by our oil buyer.
4. We then tell your coordinator when to expect delivery and how much it will cost, and he or she passes the information on to you.
5. If you have completed and returned your Direct Debit Form, that’s it. Your oil will be delivered and you will be sent an invoice for the exact amount of oil you have had delivered. Payment will be drawn from your bank account on or shortly after the 24th of the month following the invoice date. A statement will also be sent to the email address provided. You will only be contacted by the supplier if you have requested to be contacted prior to delivery.
Don’t delay join now
2. Assuming you are happy to pay by direct debit (*), complete the direct debit instruction in favour of AF Affinity, leaving the ‘Reference’ field blank. Please put the first line of your address on the reverse of the form so that we can identify who you are.
3. Post both documents back to us here:
Rural Community Council of Essex
Threshelfords Business Park
Essex CO5 9SE
* Please note that the Direct Debit Guarantee at the bottom of the form provides strict safeguards, including your entitlement to a full and immediate refund in the unlikely event that an error is made by AF Affinity, and your option to cancel the direct debit at any time by contacting your bank. On this basis, we would recommend that you pay AF Affinity by this method. Each time you have oil delivered you will receive an invoice from AF Affinity to advise you how much will be taken and when. If you are not in a position to set up a direct debit, you will need to provide AF Affinity with your debit/credit card details each time you place an order. Credit card transactions will attract an additional 2% transaction fee.
Once we receive your paperwork, we will register your membership and pass your details on to Community Buying at CAS who you can order your oil with as soon as you wish.
If anything about the membership process is unclear, please do not hesitate to call Sara Ward on 01376 574340 or email: email@example.com or if you have any queries about the ordering process, please contact Natalie Lomas on 01473 345355 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Oil Prices
Bulk oil order prices for members who ordered in March:
The 3rd March 2017 Deadline for the Bulk Oil Order Negotiations achieved the following price:
Highest price quoted by a supplier: 47.80 pence per litre
Average price quoted by suppliers: 43.74 pence per litre
Member price (kerosene): 41.65 pence per litre
(VAT of 5% must be added to all prices shown)
Please click on the above graph to increase it’s size
Oil Buying Deadline Dates
If you need a delivery of oil before the next bulk buying deadline, please email email@example.com and we can place an individual order for you.
17th March for posted orders and 19th March for Website Orders
7th April for posted orders and 9th April for Website Orders
21st April for posted orders and 23rd April for Website Orders
For 2017 bulk oil buying dates, please click here.
Click here to find advice from Suffolk Constabulary on how to secure your heating oil. Though this is from Suffolk Constabulary, the information is equally useful wherever you live.
Get To Know Your Oil Tank
Click here to find useful advice and information on your oil tank – A guide to looking after an oil storage tank and avoiding pollution.